Guest Blogger: Aimee Yorsaner
You’ve been nominated for an award! Congratulations!
If you’re anything like me, you are sitting in a sea of emotions. But mostly you are feeling slightly shocked and, even more so, honored that someone in your community thought so much of you to nominate you for an ICFNE Coach of the Year Award!
Here is the big question: Now what? What do you do now that you have been nominated? Should you be doing anything?
The answer is a resounding YES! The savviest coaches tell their own stories! You should absolutely use your nomination as an advantage in your business. Your nomination gives you the opportunity to spread good news about what projects, programs, and ideas in coaching that you are most passionate about.
Here are 5 easy ideas on how to leverage your nomination, raise awareness about your coaching business, and get the most out of this unique opportunity:
1. Place an announcement on your website and link it to the ICFNE voting page.
2. Blog about your nomination. It doesn’t have to be long – just a paragraph or two and link it to the voting page. Be sure to tell your readers why these awards matter and what makes them so important.
3. Add it to your email signature. Here are a couple of examples:
Star Dargin, PCC, CPCC
Nominated for Business Coach of the Year, 2014 and 2013
Training, Coaching, Consulting for Leaders
4. Get social. Spread the word about your nomination on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+… wherever you are online! These are a free and easy way to encourage others to think about the importance of showing gratitude in your field and to consider nominating their peers in the future. Don’t forget to add the link to the voting page! Ask supporters to also to share the news on their sites.
5. Spice up your bio!Your nomination distinguishes you in the coaching world. You should add this to the list of your notable facts.
Do you have any other ideas for how you might leverage your new nomination? Please share them with your fellow nominees by adding them to the comments below!