How You Can Join the 20 Year Celebration!
International Coaching Week (ICW) is an annual weeklong global celebration of the coaching profession intended to increase the visibility, understanding and impact of coaching. ICW will take place May 18-24, 2015. This year marks the ICF 20 year Anniversary of advancing the art, science and practice of professional coaching. In celebration let’s raise the profile of coaching so that more of society is aware of the tremendous positive impact it could have on their personal and professional lives.
May 18-24, we invite you to join hundreds of coaches around the world by offering a variety of activities and pro bono services in your local New England community to share coaching’s impact.
How will you educate, inform and inspire your community about the value of working with a professional coach, and the results and progress made through the coaching process?
We encourage you to participate; here are some ideas from the ICF:
- Organize a signature event that targets local businesses or nonprofits.
- Partner with a nonprofit organization to provide pro bono coaching.
- Collaborate with local coffee shops to provide pro bono coaching to members of the general public.
- Organize a “street coaching” event, where volunteer coaches offer coaching to passers-by on a street or in a park or plaza.
- Exhibit at a conference or industry event that might coincide with ICW.
If you are interested in doing something in your community and would like to get some direction how to proceed, contact Maggie French, ambassador to ICFNE community outreach for ICW. She will assist you in getting started. Please email: email@example.com
We want to support your participation in ICW by announcing your event in our emails. If you are enrolled in the new Enhanced Member Package, we will also post your event on our website, with a link to your event details. Please email Heather Holmes Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- ICF Credential
- Name of your event
- Email or contact information
- URL to your event details
Feel free to share your ideas in the comment section below.
We look forward to your participation!