Click on each of the categories listed below to view the nominees:
- Executive Coach of the Year
- Career Coach of the Year
- Life Coach of the Year
- Business Coach of the Year
- Rookie of the Year
Voting for the Coach of the Year Awards is now closed.
Award winners will be announced at
the 2014 Gratitude Awards Gala.
The nominees for EXECUTIVE Coach of the Year are:
Susan Gallant, PCC, S.M. Gallant
- Provide leadership to promote coaching profession and develop coaches by collaborating with others, to found the first ICFNE Chapter in Maine & serve on NTL Institute of Applied Behavioral Science Coaching Community of Practice Steering Committee.
- Maintain and nurture an active executive and leadership coaching practice serving range of clients locally and globally.
- Authored and launched award winning The Mechanic Meets the Gardener and co-authored chapter on OD Consulting Process in TheNTL Handbook of Organization Development and Change (2nd Ed). San Francisco: CA: Wiley, 2014.
- Provided pro bono coaching to Massachusetts Conference for Women, Tree Spirits, Institute for Civic Leadership, McColl School of Business, and others.
- Presenter and facilitator at local, state and national conferences (OD Network, ICFNE Maine, Maine HR Conference, Transform, & others)
Sue McLeod, PCC, SE McLeod Services, LLC
- Coaching leaders in federal government and private sector organizations including the Technology, Construction, Logistics, Aerospace and Defense, Pharmaceutical, Education, and Legal sectors since 1999.
- Faculty member for the Georgetown University Leadership Coaching Certificate Program since 2003.
- Contributing author to “Motivating the Millennial Knowledge Worker” (Shandler) and “On Becoming a Leadership Coach: A Holistic Approach to Coaching Excellence” (Wahl, Scriber and Bloomfield).
- Certifications include Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (The Coaches Training Institute), Professional Certified Coach (ICF), Certified Mentor Coach (InviteChange) and numerous certifications in leadership assessments.
- I love working with leaders from around the world to become more aware of themselves and others, and to find new ways for effective and fulfilling work. I am equally passionate about my work supporting coaches in bringing their best to their clients.
Trish Pratt, PCC, Trish Pratt
- Coaching executives and other professionals. Specialties include: Pattern Recognition, Personal Leadership, and Communication.
- Certified as a Professional Certified Coach (2005), Certified PaperRoom Coach (2004), and Certified Business Coach (2002).
- DISC Behavioral Assessment expert and workshop leader since 2002.
- Served on ICF-NE Program Committee for two years and on ICF Board for one year.
- Published articles in Human Resource Executive Magazine and also local publications.
Carol Salloway, Performa Consulting Group
- Founded a coaching and consulting practice 17 years ago, with a focus on helping leaders build greater access to their capabilities and greater ability to produce the results they desire.
- Has developed a deep toolbox and is certified in many of the best-in-class 360 feedback, emotional intelligence, and personality assessment instruments.
- Consummate learner – taking advantage of learning opportunities to continue to deepen her skill set.
- Serves as a supervisor coach in various coaching programs, including MSPP and the Social Innovation Forum.
- Earned her coach certification through New Ventures West and her MBA from Boston University.
Bill Sex, New England Coaching
- Graduated through the iPEC Coaching Program and then set up New England Coaching in October 2004.
- Coaches a variety of business issues including leadership, business growth and exit strategies.
- Runs the ICF accredited iPEC Coaching Program in New England with over 600 graduates.
- Former ICFNE Board Member for 5 years and President for 2 of those.
- Current President of The Emerald Club of Worcester County that raises funds in support of mental health and developmental disabilities
The nominees for CAREER Coach of the Year are:
Ted Behr, ACC, Expressway to Success
- Since 1997, Coach Ted has been helping people create lives of passion and purpose. He applies his intelligence, wit and several decades of wisdom to energize and inspire the experienced, intelligent professionals he serves, to create uncommonly successful lives.
- Uses his extensive knowledge of various career fields and the job search process garnered from the numerous and varied job experiences he had before finding his true calling as a career coach to help his clients discover their ideal career in an expeditious way.
- He is an Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), a Certified Book Yourself Solid Coach (CBYSC), a member of the Board of Directors of ICF New England, and a member of the International Coach Federation.
- Has published his first book “Discover Your Dream Career: 7 Steps to Finding the Career You Always Wanted” and he has achieved Expert status on EzineArticles.com and Selfgrowth.com with such articles as “ADD/ADHD and Midlife Career Change”, “Tips for Finding Success – How to Overcome Limiting Beliefs” and “Clarifying Your Core Values: A Key Step in a Successful Midlife Career Change”.
- Holds an M. Ed in Organization Development and Training from Antioch University, and a B.S. in Mathematics from Purdue University
Marilyn Edelson, MCC, On Track Coaching & Consulting
- OnTrack Coaching named as one of top 2 career coaching businesses in Boston, Boston Magazine, 2005
- Top 10 Coach, Women’s Business Boston, 2007 and 2009
- Author, Values-based Coaching: A Guide for Social Workers and Other Human Service Providers (NASW Press, 2010) and contributor to Remarkable and Real: Remarkable Questions and Real Possibilities for the Second Half of Life, an anthology of chronicles of 13 top coaches on “3rd agers,” edited by Gary Jay and Dorian Mintzer.
- Founder and Director, SOCOP, The Social Work and Coaching Program at Boston University School of Social Work, Professional Education Programs, a 60 hour ACSTH approved program focusing on post-masters professionals, the first university-based coaching program in New England
- Founding Fellow, Institute for Coaching, McLean Hospital, 2013 to present
Carly Goldsmith, Carly Goldsmith Coaching
- Has been coaching mid-career professionals to find meaningful, fulfilling careers since 2003, first as an internal coach at Deloitte and since 2009 through Carly Goldsmith Coaching.
- Presents and facilitates a number of leadership, professional and career development courses at various organizations in and around Boston.
- Just launched newest webinar, “Kick-Start Your Career Change in 5 Simple Steps,” for Boston University’s alumni.
- Blogs regularly to provide career changers and job-hunters with tips, tools and resources.
- Holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology from Boston University, received coach training through Coach U, plus certified in multiple assessment tools including MBTI, Lominger Leadership Architect, VOICES 360, and Team Diagnostic.
Jan Stewart, Emerge: Coaching for Success
- Founder of Emerge with Coaching specializing in women re-entering the workforce and college graduates seeking employment in a field that is a match for them.
- Author and deliver presentations on a variety of topics relevant to jobseekers i.e. interviewing skills, effective communication, confidence building.
- Volunteer coach in MIT research project focused on long term unemployed.
- Chair of professional women’s network that seeks to empower and support women business owners.
- Trained at Coaches Training Institute.
Sharon Teitelbaum, MCC, The Getting Unstuck Coach
- Sharon has been a coach since 1995, with her initial certification in 1999 in ICF’s first large-scale certification process, her MCC certification in 2006, and as a member of ICFNE since 1997. In her early ICFNE years, she was an active member of the Program Committee.
- She coaches high level professionals and rising stars, helping them become more effective, successful , and satisfied in their work.
- Her book, Getting Unstuck Without Coming Unglued: Restoring Work-Life Balance, is a strategic and tactical guide for maintaining a sane and balanced life, distilled from her experience helping hundreds of professionals become more productive in their work and more balanced in their lives.
- Sharon has led trainings in Work-Life Balance and Productivity for clients including Merrill Lynch, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Project Managers Institute (PMI), Children’s Hospital Boston, Arnold Worldwide, MIT’s Lincoln Laboratory, Proctor & Gamble’s Women’s Leadership Initiative, and faculty at Harvard Medical School.
- She was one of the volunteer coaches representing ICFNE at the Massachusetts Conference for Women in 2012 and 2013.
The nominees for LIFE Coach of the Year are:
A. Michael Bloom, ACC Bloom Coaching & Performance LLC
- Published first book in the fall of 2013, “The Accidental Caregiver’s Survival Guide: Your Roadmap to Caregiving Without Regret.”
- Frequent radio/tv/web show interview guest, live motivational workshop leader, and guest blogger.
- Hosts monthly Caregiving Power Hour tele-session with tips, strategies, and group coaching to recharge the energy of family caregivers globally.
- Michael’s practical caregiving tips seen on popular sites including the Wall Street Journal On-line, CNBC, Yahoo Finance, Reuters, Boston.com and The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Member of the ICFNE programs committee who has enjoyed recruiting expert speakers and serving as a sponsor for events
Brad Glass, PCC The Road Not Taken
- Connection with ICF: PCC since 2007; ICFNE board member, 2005 – 2008, 2011 – 2013; Volunteer Coach at MA Conference for Women, 2012; nominated for Life Coach of the Year 2013.
- Giving to Community: Faculty coach for Waldorf School of Cape Cod, board member 2007 – 2008, 2012 – 2013; led workshop for Gestalt International Studies Center – “A Consciousness of Possibility,” 2013; lead ongoing programs for Kind Yoga of Cape Cod – on why passion and commitment matter.
- Coaching focus: Reconnect people with their souls and spirits through the ancient wisdom of the earth and cosmos.
- Avocation: Leading nature tours in North America’s pristine wilderness locations, coaching participants in renewing their relationship with planet Earth.
- The “resume”: Captain, U.S. Air Force; M.S. degrees in Astrophysics and Environmental Science; 35 years of leadership in the software industry; adjunct professor at Antioch University graduate school; nature tour leader; coach.
Debra Hickok, PCC, Featherstone Personal & Professional Coaching
- Specializes in Mindful Living, Clean Communication and Conscious Leadership
- Facilitator and coach for organizations, leaders, international webinars and workshops and is a public speaker
- Coaches and mentors individuals from all over the country in her private practice
- Provides pro bono services in the field of addiction and recovery as well as for restorative justice, a process that provides support for those involved in and affected by crime
Laurie McAnaugh, Access Your Power Life Coaching
- Earned the Board Certified Coach (BCC) credential through the Center for Credentialing and Education, and holds a Masters degree in Education.
- Supports adults, adolescents and teens towards positive life change through a focus on self-awareness, perspective, instinct and powerful choice.
- Developed a 6 week Powerful Women class, a 6 week Powerful Women II class, workshops titled Access Your Power, Building Resilience and Powerful Teens, all designed towards improvement in personal growth, mindfulness, confidence and inner strength.
- Volunteers coaching services weekly for homeless adults and youth, as well as speaking and teaching workshops for various non-profits and groups on Cape Cod that support women’s empowerment.
- Contributing author to the Amazon best-seller, Juicy, Joyful Life: Inspiration from Women Who’ve Found the Sweetness in Every Day
Alan Seale, PCC Center for Transformational Presence
- Author of 5 books, including Create A World That Works, Intuitive Living, and The Manifestation Wheel. His books are currently published in 6 languages.
- Creator of Transformational Presence Leadership and Coach Training, with graduates now from over 24 countries.
- Serves clients from five continents, including global entrepreneurs, small business executives, NGO directors, coaches, and individuals committed to making a significant difference in their worlds.
- Keynote speaker for ICF Global Midwest 2014, ICF Leadership Conference for Latin America 2013, ICF Romania conference 2011 and 2013, ICF Sweden conference 2012. Alan has also been a presenter at three global ICF conferences (Denver, St. Louis, London), and has been a guest presenter for many regional ICF chapters throughout North America and Europe, including being the opening keynote speaker for ICF Sweden and ICF Romania conferences.
- Currently lives in Topsfield, MA
The nominees for BUSINESS Coach of the Year are:
Star Dargin, PCC Star Leadership LLC
- Specializing in helping middle managers grow as leaders by integrating engineering, project management, and coaching techniques, processes, and structures.
- Selected, presented, and wrote research papers on coaching, leadership, and project management at global project management conferences.
- Associate professor at Boston University for graduate level Project Management, Senior Instructor at Corporate Education Group, a professional training organization: Leadership, Communication, etc.
- Author of Leadership newsletter for 10+ years, pending collection for book publication, and various articles and training materials
- Actively trains, supports, and hires other coaches in a coaching match-making service
Maggie French, ACC, Living Whole Coaching
- In her fourth year as volunteer facilitator for WE CAN’sworkshop “From Surviving to Thriving, which has assisted more than 125 women to date.
- Along with fellow ICF New England coaches, Dawn Quesnel and Bonnie Petrovich, participated in the Institute for Career Transition’s research project, founded by MIT-based scholars, to identify and compare the outcomes of various coaching delivery models for the long-term unemployed.
- Serves as Membership VP for ICF New England assisting coaches, and Membership Chair for ABWA Cape Cod assisting professional/business women in making the most of their experience with the chapter.
- Continue to assist professionals and small business owners through transitions in their work/life. Recent engagements include individuals from David Ricardi Designs LLC, Cape Destinations and A Whole Lotta Crunch.
- Recently learned she is a bit stranger than she thought as she thoroughly enjoyed the Broadway musical, “Book of Mormons.”
Helen Kosinski, PCC, Better Than Ever Coaching
- I have earned the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) designation from the ICF and an M.B.A. from Boston University.
- My clients have described me as incredibly perceptive, trustworthy and someone who can make you feel comfortable while taking you out of your comfort zone.
- My business, Better Than Ever Coaching, is focused on partnering with successful overwhelmed small business owners who want take the leap to the next level; however, they have no idea where they will find the time or the energy to make their vision a reality.
- In addition to 1-to-1 coaching, I offer group experiences such as C.J. Hayden’s GET CLIENTS NOW!™ program (I’m an authorized facilitator) and Women’s Walking Retreats (e.g., Cool, Calm & Collected: Discovering EASY ways to stay SANE when life gets CRAZY retreat) in Nickerson State Park.
- I have held leadership positions on our ICFNE Board (e.g., VP of Membership, VP of Teleclasses) and in my Business Networking International (BNI) Chapter (e.g., President, Educational Coordinator).
Maureen Letendre, In Demand Coaching
- Specialize in bringing emotional intelligence and mindfulness into business practice.
- Publishing first book in 2014 based on a women’s empowerment workshop series, “Today’s Superwoman…What To Do When Your Cape is at the Cleaners”.
- Provide pro bono coaching for non-profit and charitable organizations and actively participate on Boards as requested.
- Created and hosted a cable TV Program, Your Future…Your Choice!
- Selected as 2011 Business Person of the Year and 2013 Most Outstanding member of the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce.
The nominees for ROOKIE of the Year are:
Jonathan Anderson, Jonathan Anderson
- In October 2012 after graduating Alan Seale’s TPLC Program, I incorporated my coaching ability into my job at Citizens Bank as a Technology Project Manager; I created an unsanctioned internal coaching program, where none existed, and as a result 40% of my job is now spent on coaching.
- Manage a client portfolio of 17+ internal corporate clients (bi-weekly, one hour meetings per client), equaling 250+ coaching hours, while managing and maintaining my current role as a Technology Project Manager.
- Coach two Citizens Bank Lean Sustainability and Change Teams to help define their purpose and to more effectively coach their clients. Created two Citizens Bank Personal and Professional Development Groups with the purpose to support and assist people with connecting, learning, growing, and supporting each other in a corporate environment.
- Currently collaborating with a Citizens Bank Human Resources Development Team to develop coaching and feedback workshops for Managers.
Karen Carmody, Chrysalis Coaching & Consulting
- Graduated from iPEC and earned her CPC, ACC, and EQ Coach certifications.
- Launched her business Chrysalis Coaching & Consulting.
- Volunteer coach at the Massachusetts Women’s Conference and Babson’s CLTP and Managing Talent Programs.
- Volunteer for ICF-NE Program Committee.
- Nominated for ICF-NE Board of Directors- VP of Programming 2014-2015
Gayle Dragicevich, Gayle Suzanne
- Author of It’s In the Little Things, an inspirational book containing fifty short stories about moving past the pains of emotional abuse, bullying and countless rejections.
- Speaker, Workshop facilitator and Adult Educating instructor providing tools that help others forgive, set boundaries, love themselves, concentrate of their gifts and talents and press through obstacles to a place of awareness and peace.
- Host of Inspired Moments on WCUW 91.3 community radio, a daily two-minute segment which provides uplifting and inspiring messages.
- Developed a traveling coach program which provides effective, affordable coaching in the comfort of a hostess’s home.
- Continues to work toward ICF ACC accreditation
Ben Powers, Powers Coaching
- I work with young people in School-to-Work transition: we focus on short term goals and cost-effective action planning.
- I offer free in-person meetings (regularly in VT, RI, Boston and CT) as well as followup phone conversations to build momentum and value before we negotiate an investment in attaining our goals.
- Clients can choose between tracks of focus: technical skills such as resume building and networking, interpersonal skills such as communication, personal development practices or a combination.
- iPEC and Energy Leadership Certified and practicing since 2013, now training with the 7th Level Sports Performance coaching program to work with Athletes and top performers of any kind to enhance their game.
- My practice draws from my wealth of experience in Entrepreneurship, Pro Sailboat Racing, Finance/Sales, and Sports Psychology.
Aimee Yorsaner, Aimee Yorsaner
- iPEC Certified Professional Coach and Energy Leadership Index – Master Practitioner
- My mission is to help others recognize the correlation between awareness and action by holding a mirror to what is holding them back and helping them push the envelope to go beyond where they thought possible in the direction of what they want most in their life.
- I believe goal-setting, accountability, and a deeper connection to one’s heart are essential to an individual’s ability to engage in and create the most fulfilling life possible.
- Volunteer Coach at 2013 MA Conference for Women Active Volunteer for the ICFNE Marketing Team
- Best Compliment: “Talking to Aimee is just like eating comfort food!”
Good luck to all of the nominees!