Guest Blogger: Joe D’Eramo, HiRoad Communications
As a contributing vendor to the ICFNE Gala the past two years, it’s been my pleasure to take part in this event and bear witness to some of the incredibly compelling stories from the winning coaches. Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Gala, particularly the winners.
Winning an award at the ICFNE Gala is pretty big stuff. While humility may prevent you from shouting it literally from the mountaintops, it’s big news—and great news–that should be incorporated into your marketing.
How? For starters:
- Press release – announce this to your local newspapers, college alumni organization, coaching trades, etc. Why keep the good news to yourself?
- Newsletter – If you have a regular newsletter, make this your cover story. Share with clients and your network. Let them know you are an award-winning coach! If you don’t have a newsletter, what a great story for your first issue!
- Website/Blog – Again, why keep it a secret? Have a blog post on this (repurpose the press release). Put the ICFNE logo on your home page and announce your 2014 award.
- Social media – Post to your Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media sites about your victory. Be sure to link to the press release/blog post on your website for the more detailed write-up so you can bring traffic to your site.
- E-mail signature – Share your honors in your e-mail signature. May seem like a small detail, but people do notice changes in signatures.
These are a few simple ways to not only share your good news, but utilize it to generate new business. But you don’t want to wait too long to implement these strategies. News like this has a shelf life of about three months before it’s old news. So don’t wait.