I was honored and humbled to represent ICFNE along with Pres-elect, Maggie French at the ICF Global Leaders Forum 2015. This prestigious event of over 200 chapter leaders from more than 50 countries was an enlightening experience. I was deeply moved by the connection and camaraderie of so many coaches from around the world. Our experience certainly broadened our scope of learning and growth for ICFNE!
I have attended many conferences in my career and this was one of the most inspiring, meaningful and exciting events I have attended in a long time.
Being among amazing leaders in our field, I came away feeling that being a member of ICF is really something bigger than each individual coach. It is about empowering the local and global growth of something we all love and believe in – making a difference in the world through professional coaching! The warmth, the genuine camaraderie, the shared interest, inspiration, motivation and overall excitement of everyone there were all amazing.
Some highlights to share with you:
- 200+ chapter leaders from around the globe as far as New Zealand (some people traveled longer to get there than the actual event!)
- A true sense of the global association/family we are all a part of, making a difference in every corner of the world as an ICF Coach and as a chapter
- The force and intention behind the building of the ICF brand as THE coaching organization that represents a standard for excellence
- The significance of what it means to be, not just a coach or credentialed coach, but an ICF COACH
- Outstanding keynote speakers that inspired and engaged the leader in all of us
See them here on You tube:
Fields Wicker Miurin Ted Talk
Oh, and I have to mention the Friday night party–what a surprise! Something you couldn’t script, it anchored our global connection. A team that dances together stays together! So stay tuned for details about our ICF 20th Anniversary Celebration, June 15th!
Maggie and I hope to continue our excitement with each of you through our leadership of ICF NE as we complete our year and move into the next and the next and the next.
I only wish that each one of you could have been there with us!
Passing on the excitement,
ICFNE President 2014-2015