Last spring the ICFNE Members participated in a brief survey about their membership experience. We appreciated your input are working to incorporate your feedback.
We also wanted to give you a snapshot of the results – so that you too can have a better understanding of who we are as an organization and what we are thinking.
Below are some of those highlights – but we wanted to share one last thought for you to ponder as you review the results…
Our chapter is a very large and geographically diverse, volunteer-run organization that aims to support and enhance the professional experience and connection of our members while advancing the profession of coaching and the values, ethics, standards and guidelines of the ICF.
Our Board of Directors and various committees need your support, input and energy to accomplish these goals – so “be the change you seek to create” and volunteer to help make that happen.
Below are the most significant results from the survey questions:
Survey was sent out to all active ICF-NE members and respondents were entered into a drawing to win a prize for participation.
Approximately 15% of Members completed the survey.
Number of years respondents have been members:
- About 40% of respondents had been members for two years or less.
- Another 39% of respondents had been members for 3-10 years.
- And another 16% had been members for over 10 years.
Level of certification of respondents:
- About 34% were ACC certified.
- Another 25% were PCC certified.
- Another 4% were MCC certified.
- And another 35% were in ACTP Training, held other certifications, were not ICF certified, etc.
The geographical distance of respondents for the primary live event location in Westborough, MA was:
- 27% less than 25 miles away.
- 45% 26-75 miles away.
- 19% 76-125 miles away.
- 9% more than 126 miles away.
Distance/Time members were willing to travel to live events:
- 25% under 30 minute drive
- 28% 30-60 minute drive
- 21% 60-90 minute drive
- 19% Over 90 Minute drive
A sampling of comments on what ICFNE can do to enhance Member experience:
REGARDING LIVE & VIRTUAL EVENTS:
- More live events including a conference of two or more days in a centrally located attractive venue.
- Have more virtual classes and house the recordings to all call to listen to if the call is missed on our website.
- Free webinars.
- Offer more live events, especially the one-day conference where there is a choice of sessions.
- I think it would be nice to have a comprehensive schedule laid out that includes all events.
- Live events that offer best practices in specific coaching specialties e.g. career coach – resume tips, executive coach – evaluation tools, life coach – best approaches. We can learn from each other.
- More truly advanced coaching programming–leading edge skills, tools, and approaches that can speak to both the newer coach as well as experienced and master coaches.
- Events that are more regionalized to get to know local coaches and have less travel
- It would be great to have some events closer to Boston as well as in RI.
BUSINESS COACHING THEME:
- Have a forum specifically for business coaches.
- Run pragmatic workshops for those coaching in the business world.
- It would be great if ICF could sponsor more research about the effectiveness of business / executive coaching that we could promote and use in marketing material.
REGARDING ONLINE SERVICES, ADDITIONS:
- List mentor coaches in the area to help with supervision
- I have always thought a library of effective coaching YouTube sessions would be great for new coaches.
- Being welcomed as a new member.
- Keep costs contained.
- Continue support ICFNE affiliate and provide opportunities to market the coaching profession.
- I would love to have a list of trainings/courses that my coaching colleagues have taken and found valuable.
- More casual and regional opportunities for connection with other members.
- More opportunities to connect ICF certified coaches with community.
- More outreach. Or check in calls to ensure we are aware of all the opportunity that membership offers. A welcome call, either in groups or single would be a good enhancement.
- Create a structured mentor coach program for newly-minted coaches
- Invite me to join an ICFNE coaching mastermind
- Need clarity on the EMP (Enhanced Membership Program)