Kick off your new year with some amazing information that will benefit you AND your clients! Join us as we read and discuss: Own Your Greatness: Overcome Impostor Syndrome, Beat Self-Doubt, and Succeed in Life by Lisa Orbé-Austin.
The book club will meet bi-weekly starting on Monday, January 9, 2023, at 7:00pm-8:00pm and will continue until March 13, 2023.
Book Club Dates
Jan 9 & 23, Feb 6 & 20, March 6 7:00pm-8:00pm
Fireside Chat with Lisa
The following week, on Thursday, March 16, 2023, we will have a “fireside chat” from 7:00-8:00pm with the author Lisa Orbé-Austin. Registration is below for all the events.
About the 6-week series!
5 weeks: Book Club - led by members of the Chapter Program Committee
6th week: Fireside Chat where we will meet the author
The book club meetings are an opportunity for members to expand their learning and share insights, to benefit all the participants. Discussions can include personal takeaways, impacts on their coaching practice, and their respective clients. Book club meetings are not meant to be book previews or presentations. Participation is expected from attendees.
- During this six-part webinar series, we will:
- Get to know each other, talk about the challenges we face with our clients who have imposter syndrome and dive into Chapters 1 & 2!
- Each following session we will review a few chapters at a time
- The sixth session concludes with a “fireside chat” with the author (note the date is a Thurs)!
About the book
Own Your Greatness provides the tools needed to recognize and overcome the impostor syndrome that may be holding you back. Packed full of research - and therapy-backed exercises, prompts, and activities, this interactive workbook will help you:
- Identify the root causes of impostor syndrome
- Recognize natural skills and strengths
- Gain the confidence to lead
- Speak up for yourself
- Feel comfortable receiving and giving praise
This book will also help you acknowledge that you truly deserve your success and to have a happy and fulfilled life.
Participants purchase their own copies of Own Your Greatness: Overcome Impostor Syndrome, Beat Self-Doubt and Succeed in Life before the starting date.
- For a meaningful exchange and conversation, and out of respect for our facilitator and other attendees, you are expected to have read the chosen chapters prior to attending the meeting so that intent and application may be discussed with depth. As with any virtual call, please be prepared to have your video and audio on with limited distraction. Please Turn off all notifications.
- Come in your pajamas if you wish! We don’t care about how you look or if you’re munching - only about the intellectual contribution you bring.
Meet the author for the Fireside Chat on Thursday, March 16, 2022 - 7:00 - 8:00pm
About the Author
Dr. Lisa Orbé-Austin is a licensed psychologist, executive coach, and organizational consultant. Her views about career management and advancement are regularly sought by the media, and she has appeared in various outlets such as the New York Times, Forbes, NBC News, Refinery29, and Insight Into Diversity. Dr. Orbé-Austin received her bachelor of arts degree in English from Boston College, her master’s degree in counseling psychology from Boston College, and her PhD in counseling psychology from Columbia University.
Register in advance for this meeting
A Zoom registration link will be sent after you register for the Book Club. Note that if you sign up for the Book Club, the Fireside Chat is included in the ticket price.
Attendance at every book club meeting is not necessary, and you can attend the fireside chat without attending the book club meetings. Space is limited. Please register early!
1 resource development CCE will be provided for participation in the Fireside chat.